Spartan International Christian Fellowship
(Meeting at University Reformed Church)
Who are we?
We are a diverse community composed of many cultures, US, Latino-American, Asian, African, and more.
We aim to:
- promote Christian community among international students, scholars & U.S. friends.
- learn more about Jesus Christ through Bible studies and small group discussion.
- encourage service to the local community.
- stimulate spiritual growth.
We attempt to realize this vision by encouraging friendships between internationals and our resident church family, by offering activities to help internationals feel “at home” and welcomed during their sojourn here, and by providing opportunities for them to learn about Christianity and the Bible. Specific activities include:
- Monthly Social/Cultural Activities
- Labor Day Welcoming Picnic at the Barn, Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas Sing-Along, Winter Snow Party, Springtime visit to Holland, MI to enjoy breath-taking tulip blossoms, Summer canoeing trip.
- Weekly gatherings on Sundays
- 11am in room 102, University Reformed Church
- We come together during this time to renew friendships and to learn more about God as we study and discuss the Bible together in small groups. Once each month we have a featured guest speaker.
- Current Bible study small groups are:
- Important Questions – Investigating the Bible and Christianity
- Communion with God – Prayer and Meditation
- The Gospel according to John
- Experiencing God/Knowing God
- Small Group Bible Studies
- Various locations during the week.
For more information contact:
- Irv or Romelia Widders
- Gary or Alice Brinkman
- Brad or Karen Farman
- Ola’Bode Ibironke
- Shu-Fen Kao
- Kimika Tashima
University Reformed Church
4930 South Hagadorn Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
Phone: (517) 351-6810
Fax: (517) 351-7909
Email: [email protected]
Ben Falconer, Campus Director